Let’s agree that the basic definition of integrity is to have honesty, morality, fairness and consistency. And with that shared meaning, we can point the spotlight a little further on what having integrity encompasses. Because having personal integrity, means in essence, having a consistency of how you show up in all facets of your life, whether it’s your work, your family or other. When you come from a position of having personal integrity, it means you present with the same attitude, beliefs, state, morals and so on, no matter where or what your environment. You become unwavering because you have a very strong foundation.
And that’s why it’s so important, Personal Integrity is the base on which you build everything else in your life. This is where most of the work has to go before you build your life and teams. It’s here that you find, define and bring forth your TRUE self. Can you see why this is such an important pillar of becoming a successful leader?
When you have your true self operating from an honest and morale position, well hey, it’s much easier to become a person of influence, right? Personal integrity gives you strength, it gives you context, it gives you meaning. This is the place where you find out the WHY you am here. Once you know that WHY, you become very clear on what you will and WILL NOT compromise on.
Having strong personal integrity is the doorway to so many blessings in your life. Let me share a few of the most significant with you if I can (and bear in mind, I can run through many more with you and show you how to achieve them, but not today);
- Calm mindset
- Having personal integrity gives you a mindset for positive growth and development. You are operating from a place where you possess powerful resources. You’re playing above the line, creating a culture of success around you.
- Strong Focus
- Being internally congruent means less distraction and confusion. The focus becomes an easy task. You’re in tune with your best self. Getting things done becomes a breeze.
- Clear vision
- When you have personal peace, you have the ability to see clearly what you desire and how perfectly it fits into your life. Clarity is a by-product of calmness. Through clarity, you get amazing vision on best paths and goals.
- Stronger relationships
- When you have defined who you are through your moral compass, and you display that through equitable behaviour, you automatically attract like-minded people. And with them, you are able to build deep bonds that give you support and confidence.
- Tap into your Strengths
- Your strengths flow from your true self. When you know who you are, you know why you are here and you know how to manifest your life plan. Hence you naturally use all your optimum skills and powers without hesitation or effort. That’s when you become a “natural”.
- Heightened Perception
- Having integrity of self and all the preceding points mentioned results in you having a quiet mind. That means you become less internally focused and more externally focused. When you’re in that space, you see, hear, feel and think in ways that you couldn’t before. Your intuition and “sixth sense” is switched ON. That’s how perfect entrepreneurs beat their competitors to the market!
- Positivity and Happiness
- It’s pretty simple guys; when you know who you are, why you’re here and how to make it happen, you are positive and happy! You will be the life of the party, you will have boundless energy and unlimited joy. Those around you will feel that energy and positivity and they will become infected by it. You will see the good in every dark moment. Now that is a position of power, right!?
And readers, I can take you through so much more, but we simply don’t have the time here today. This however is part of what we cover and work on through our personal and executive coaching Gold Coast programs. Programs that train you to become a holistic leader, an effortless leader!
But as you can imagine, you can’t have personal integrity, turn up tomorrow to the CEO role for CBA and get the job done! Never worked in a bank, never ran a company, but you have integrity. Does that qualify you to run CBA, to lead that business? Do we all agree you need more skills?
Correct. That is why I hold workshops on the 10 power pillars to holistic leadership showing you how to become an effortless leader.
And before I finish, I’d like you to consider these quotes by some of my favourite mentors:
- “With integrity, you have nothing to fear, since you have nothing to hide. With integrity, you will do the right thing, so you will have no guilt.” Zig Ziglar
- “Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.” – Clement Stone
- “Integrity is your destiny-it is the light that guides your way.” – Plato
- “The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.” – Confucius
- “The time is always right to do what is right.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
It’s a very powerful quality, personal integrity, and you gain that integrity through specific steps and techniques that most successful people use. So please get in touch with me and I will discuss these techniques with you during complimentary discovery session.